Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Midi not working, BandHelper stopped

Started by evanzuiden, February 20, 2016, 09:45:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evanzuiden

I am using bandhelper on my Samsung Galaxy Tab2. I tried to attach my Roland GW8 keyboard in 2 ways:
- directly to USB MIDI port on keyboard
- via Roland UM-ONE mk2

In both situations, MIDI Learn gives both HEX code and Program Change. When I attach the MIDI preset to a song, BandHelper stops working. When I connect my keyboard directly via USB MIDI, I get the question is Band Helper is allowed to use USB device.

I installed MIDI Controller. This app could connect to the keyboard. But when I try to do a program change it seems to fall in a loop. I however see the program change on my keyboard. I am a total newbie in MIDI and bandhelper. Can someone help me?

Mykimus

First, make sure you've got the latest version of BandHelper from your preferred App Store.

If you're still having troubles, please open the app and tap Help -> Request Tech Support to open a ticket so that we can dig into the details with you.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

evanzuiden

I am using the latest version and opened a ticket!

evanzuiden

I solved the problem! I don't know why, but the MIDI-status does not work on my tablet. When I use following workaround I am able to do Program Changes via MIDI:

- Open Bandhelper
- Go to MIDI Presets
- Open a Preset -> I get the prompt to allow Android to use the USB device.
- MIDI works fine!

I notice that Bandhelper on Android crashes more often than the iOS version (inexplicable moments). Is there a solution for this?

arlo

It's impossible to comment on a crash without knowing what device and app version you have and what actions triggered the crash. If you see a crash, please post a ticket using the new help desk system and be sure to list the steps you took that triggered it:

http://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/add.html

evanzuiden