Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Recording latency and retrigger

Started by Duplobaustein, February 29, 2016, 12:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplobaustein

Hi!

First, I really love SLM. Use it for years now in my keyboard setup. One thing: as a keyboarder you often need two or three samples to play a song. It would be great, if SLM could cover this. When I trigger recordings via MIDI notes from my Keyboard, the recording has a lot of latency. Also it is an On/Off switch.  What it would need is this.

1. A few samples per song. The 10 recordings would be well enough.
2. Tight triggering, low latency.
3. On/Off (as is) plus retrigger mono and retrigger poly modes. This is important to use it as a "sampler".
4. One Shot or loop mode. This is not so important. Just One Shot would be fine.

So it's basically point 2 and 3 missing. Is it possible to add this to the recordings section? I would even pay another IAP for a classic 16 Pad sampler. ;)

regards!

arlo

Regarding the latency, what device and OS version are you using?

Duplobaustein

iPad Air on the latest OS with iConnect Midi 4+.

the biggest issue is the retrigger thing. For example when I play Locked Out Of Heaven, then there are these samples right from the beginning. The cuica, the "eh, eh, eh" and the "uhhhh", later the siren. This is absolutely important to play this song. With the On/Off mode (which is handy in other situations of course) I cannot play the recordings repeatedly. Probably I misinterpreted this as high latency. However, latency shouldn't be over 15ms to fire samples tight in time and that's not possible right now.

Retrigger mono means, that when I retrigger a recording while it already plays, the previous one gets cut. Retrigger poly means, the previous one also plays right to the end and you hear this recording two, three or how many times you press it. Mono mode would be neccessary. Poly an extra.

Unfortunately there is no sampler app on iOS with banks where I can load Kits via Program Change, so I cannot outsource this.

arlo

Okay, restarting a playing recording rather than pausing it is on my wish list, and I'll add a vote for you.

Duplobaustein

Cool! This would solve many keyboarders problems. :)

Thanks for your support and product! :)

Lg