Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Personal Sync Notes OR Shared Notes but not Both?

Started by Pursound, March 04, 2016, 11:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pursound

In Bandhelper, I have several songs with Shared Notes in them. I recently added Personal Sync on Notes for my own personal notes ("no beer before this song") and such. I notice that in the Setlist mode, I only get my personal notes and not my shared notes. Is that correct? Is the intention that one should copy out whatever shared notes one wants into their personal note?

I see this on both the iPad and iPhone.

Thanks, Bandhelper is GREAT.

arlo

If you turn on personal syncing for notes, the app will show your personal notes if you've entered them and the shared notes if you haven't. There's no way to view both the personal and shared notes at the same time in a set list. If you want to enter some personal notes but also see the shared notes at the same time, you should instead add a custom field assigned only to you, and enter your personal notes into that. Then you can view the custom field alongside the notes field.

Pursound

I did set up a  custom Notes field and I have entered a little bit of test data. I don't see this show up when I go into Set List and use the system as I would see it in a performance - I expected it to show up like the shared notes or personal notes field does in the bottom. Is there a trick to get a custom field to show up in that view or does it only show up under the details of a song while in the set list?

thank you.

arlo

Ralph

Quote from: arlo on March 04, 2016, 11:52:22 AM
If you turn on personal syncing for notes, the app will show your personal notes if you've entered them and the shared notes if you haven't. There's no way to view both the personal and shared notes at the same time in a set list. If you want to enter some personal notes but also see the shared notes at the same time, you should instead add a custom field assigned only to you, and enter your personal notes into that. Then you can view the custom field alongside the notes field.

great tip Arlo!!!