Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Patch change problem

Started by Keith Bowie, March 01, 2016, 09:44:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keith Bowie

Hello
Hope someone can help me with this problem.
I am using Setlist maker on an IPad connected to a Roland RD300NX. I have tried and tried but I just can't get it to change patch for me. I have midi add on installed and have tried it with both usb and the Roland midi to usb cable but nothing.
I'm not sue if I have the MSB LSB PC codes right.
I've also tried this on ch1 ch2 ch3 and Ch16 but nothing.
I have tried this on a roland XP10 and it works fine . I have also tried it on a Nord Stage2 and it works? Why will this not work on the RD300NX.
Hope someone can help me this is driving me nuts.  I have a gig on the 25 March and I would like to get setlist maker running so when I select the song it will set the patch on my keyboard
Please please please any advise would be appreciated
Thanks
Keith

arlo

I don't have any specific knowledge of that keyboard. I assume your data is set up correctly in Set List Maker since you were able to change patches on other keyboards, but if you start a help desk ticket I can check your data:

http://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/add.html

Otherwise, I would recommend contacting Roland or posting in a Roland user forum to find out if there is a setup step you need to do on the keyboard, or if you need to send some unique data to it that your other keyboards don't need.

Pongo

Make sure the MIDI filter (probably in the Global settings) to enable/disable incoming patch change information is disabled (off).

Keith Bowie

Oliver Davies at roland has sorted this for me. Works great
Ok
For future reference here is the way to do it.

Using MIDI OX here – via USB and the Generic Driver ( as you would with iPad etc )

After a little confusing trouble, I have cracked it and works just fine here...

First set the Live Set Control Channel to 16.

Now move along in the System Menu to set the Part Mode to "16Part" – by default it is set to "16Part+Perf"
Basically when set to 16 parts, all MIDI is routed to the RD sound engine. When 16 Part + Perf is selected, all MIDI is routed to a generic GM Sound Chip ( for MIDI backing etc )

Once this is done, sending a PC on Channel 16 ( with the correct MSB/LSB ) works just fine – changing Live Sets.
Sending PC data on CH1-4 will change the sounds on that part.

arlo

Great, thanks for posting the solution.

apilz

The 16 Part and 16 Part + Perf caught me out too with my Roland. Quick question Keith, when I power off and on the Roland this setting always defaults back to part + Perf, can this default be changed do you know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Alan

Keith Bowie

Apilz
I don't think my Rd300nx changes back.
Did you press " write" after you made the changes?