Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

New Feature Request : Web Interface export

Started by apilz, March 13, 2016, 08:13:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apilz

Arlo

I'd like to make a request for your to consider having the ability to export lists of data from your website just as you have provided the import feature.

One example would be to export say all MIDI presets to a tab delimited file so that I can rename / update in excel and later import all the changes.

Thanks

Alan

Ps not sure this is the right sub group, as there isn't anything specific for web interface.
Thanks, Alan

arlo

There are export buttons at the bottom of the Songs, MIDI Presets, Events and Contacts pages.

However, this is meant to use your data in other software; it is not meant to be a round-trip export-import back into BandHelper. Rather than spending time developing a function like that, I think it would be better to spend time improving the BandHelper interface so you don't have to export-import.

pheldal

I second the request for enhanced export/import. The current function works for backup/restore, but not so much for interaction with other applications. My primary use would actually be for copying between band-accounts. To be able to select any number of songs from the repertoire for export and later import the selection to another account would be great for moving one or a handful songs.

arlo

The current function is mainly meant to dump all your data out if you want to stop using BandHelper, or if you want to copy your data into some other system.

If you want to import into another BandHelper account, you could rearrange the fields to make that work. It would be better to use the copy button on the song edit page in the app to copy a song from one account to another ... or if you want to share lots of songs, use one account with multiple projects, instead of multiple accounts, which eliminates the need to maintain separate copies of the shared songs.