Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Video Output

Started by 897, March 13, 2016, 03:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello,
im using SLM and switch my devices via midi over line6 midi mobilizer2. Now id like to share my screen sometimes (not permanently) and want to send the signal to a beamer or something like this. How can i realze this?

Werner

arlo

Are you using the iOS or Android app?

arlo

You can use the app's built-in screen sharing function to send your screen to other iOS or Android devices running Set List Maker:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/linking_devices.html

Or on iOS, you can use AirPlay Mirroring with an Apple TV to send your screen to a TV or computer display:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204289

sharing the screen makes  problem. I use metronom flasing behind my screen and the sharing function or bluetooth is to slow to show this correct. To use apple tv i need wifi or is it possible via bluetooth?

Werner

arlo

Screen sharing is not fast enough to accurately display a flashing tempo, so the tempo flash is disabled while you are sharing the screen. There are other options, but I don't know enough about what you're trying to do to make a recommendation.

I want to realize the following:
between the songs of a show i have some information about a song or a the person who wrote this song. For this case i have some informations behind the song (see attached file). This information i want to show on a beamer or some other device to the public. Maybe later i want to show some lyrics of my song during performing.

Werner

arlo

To show the lyrics text to the audience, the best option would be to use AirPlay Mirroring along with Settings > General Settings > External Display = Document. Then the audience would only see the lyrics, and the tempo flash will still work on your screen.

Airplay would be a good way to realize but there are some questions about it:

airplay only works when my ipad is set up to "apple tv" and "screen synchronization". In this case i see everything i do and not only the document i want to show. Can i set it up to wirk only to show documents?

If im giging and there is no wifi can i establish a internal wifi connection only between ipad and apple tv?

Werner

arlo

airplay only works when my ipad is set up to "apple tv" and "screen synchronization". In this case i see everything i do and not only the document i want to show. Can i set it up to wirk only to show documents?

That's what Settings > General Settings > External Display = Document does.

If im giging and there is no wifi can i establish a internal wifi connection only between ipad and apple tv?

I don't know about that -- you could probably find that out from an Apple forum.