Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Documents in a set list format

Started by Dutch, April 07, 2016, 12:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dutch

Is there any way to to have a set list with documents instead of using the lyrics box ?  Almost all of the songs my band plays are one page and that would be a lot easier than having to set up the correct scroll using what's in the lyrics box.

Or could there be a button on the set list window so you could see a document instead of what's in the lyrics box ?

Dutch

arlo

Yes, you can attach documents to your songs instead of using the built-in Lyrics field:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/attaching_documents.html

Dutch

I should have been more specific.  :)   

I have attached PDF chart files to all the songs.  My question is how can I easily see them like you can in a set list view ?  I'll see if I can explain it better.

ie:  I'd like to be able to see  documents instead of the lyrics in the set list window

arlo

I'm not sure what you're asking. You can view an attached document the same ways in which you would view the built-in lyrics field. If a song has both an attached document and the built-in lyrics, and the attached document is not the default, you can edit the song and reorder the items in the Documents list to make the document the default. The link above describes more options.

Dutch

So how can I make the document the default on a set list ?

I'm asking if I can get the document to show up on the set list

So I'd like someway to open a document attached to a song from the set list screen.

Dutch

And while I'm at it  How do you scroll a document with a PageFlip.  i.e., what's the action for moving to page 2

arlo

So how can I make the document the default on a set list ?

Starting from the screen shot you posted, what happens when you tap a song?

And while I'm at it  How do you scroll a document with a PageFlip.  i.e., what's the action for moving to page 2

Instructions are here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/remote_control.html

If you need further help with that, please start a separate thread.

Dutch

When I tap a song the lyrics appear and when I double tap it comes up with the lyrics at full screen.  Then after the countdown it starts scrolling.

What I'd like to have happen is being able to tap the song and have the document come up and then be able to hit the Flip to go to the second page if there is one.

arlo

To show the document instead of the lyrics by default, you need to edit the song, scroll down to the Documents list, and move the document first in the list.

Dutch

Ok I've got it.  Here's where documentation would help.  If I knew from the beginning what the little icons on the right side were I wouldn't have to bother you.   :)

But maybe I just missed that lesson.  :-)

Great software though !  After I get it all figured out it'll be a real help to the band and me.  No more printing 6 copies of everything and having one guy in the band shuffle through 3 binders to find the right song.

arlo

Dutch

The ones on the far right that you use to move documents & lyrics up and down to make the docs appear as the default instead of the lyrics.  But like I said maybe I just missed that in the tutorial.

arlo

Oh, the drag buttons. That's a standard design element that you will probably see in other mobile apps.