Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Am I Going Crazy!!!

Started by apilz, April 06, 2016, 08:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apilz

Arlo,

I hope you can help???

I am trying to upload a batch of MIDI presets to BH via the website. After 2-3hrs of trial and error I seem to have found some very strange behaviour.

I have a text file with the following lines. (attached is the source file)

KRONOS Test P:I-A:0:KRONOS German Grand   KRONOS||0|0
KRONOS Test 2 MS Bank test 000: Bright Mk II Blackface   KRONOS||1|000

When I upload, I get no MIDI Program Change info.

KRONOS is the Midi Device in BH

Now if I rename the MIDI Device to AKRONOS or RONOS and adjust the upload to the following:

KRONOS Test P:I-A:0:KRONOS German Grand   RONOS||0|0
KRONOS Test 2 MS Bank test 000: Bright Mk II Blackface   RONOS||1|000

Then everything is ok! It seems BH does not like the name?? I can repeat this over and over. Just by changing the device name. Whats going on?!
Thanks, Alan

apilz

BTW: The Device name started out as being Korg KRONOS and as I already had a device called Korg M50 one investigation lead me to think it was because I already had a device beginning with K. I changed this to MainStage and again the import worked.
Thanks, Alan

arlo

I don't see a problem if I add a device named KRONOS to my account and then import your file.

If you set things back to where the problem occurs, and tell me your account name, I can look at your setup specifically.

apilz

Thanks!

I have sent you the required info in PM.
Thanks, Alan

arlo

Okay, I see the problem ... the code that looks up your MIDI device by name wasn't filtering to just your account, so it was getting confused if a device with the same name exists in another account. That should be fixed now.

apilz

Great News! Thanks for addressing this issue.

I did manage to find a temporary workaround. Name the device AKRONOS, import the sounds, the change the device name after import.
Thanks, Alan

apilz

Arlo

Just re-tested the upload. I think there may still be a small problem. The MIDI Device for HEX code is still empty. The program change part works fine.

Thanks
Thanks, Alan

arlo

Ah yes ... I just applied the same fix to that portion.