Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

REQ: Tabular editing

Started by pheldal, April 26, 2016, 01:33:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pheldal

I'm using a lot of tags to describe song attributes. A lot of changes to these are made as the band sits down to discuss the repertoire. A tabular view for editing tags and other simple song-attributes (tags, active, key, tempo and possibly custom fields) would make this a lot faster than having to edit one song at a time.

arlo

That's on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

jowidi

Please add my vote for that feature as well :-)

Kazbah

arlo

I just added this to the Songs, Events, Contacts and Transactions pages in the website. Look at the bottom of the Batch Update section and you'll see a link that says Spreadsheet View.

pheldal

Quote from: arlo on March 26, 2020, 12:51:08 AM
I just added this to the Songs, Events, Contacts and Transactions pages in the website. Look at the bottom of the Batch Update section and you'll see a link that says Spreadsheet View.

Great.

There is room for improvements though:

1. The tabular form should have its title-column outside the horizontal scroll to make it easier to keep track of stuff when editing columns that appear off the right side of the visible part of the form. Even on a big/wide screen this is a problem as the form does not adapt to the available width of the window.

2. Would it be possible to either add use setlist as a filter when editing songs, or add a button/link for tabular editing of songs to the page for editing the content of a setlist.

arlo

Quoteform does not adapt to the available width of the window

Did you notice the full-screen button at the top right corner?

Quoteeither add use setlist as a filter when editing songs, or add a button/link for tabular editing of songs to the page for editing the content of a setlist

I can put this on my wish list.

pheldal

Quote from: arlo on October 11, 2020, 09:48:52 PM
Did you notice the full-screen button at the top right corner?
/quote]
No, I missed that. That helps l, but it doesn't completely eliminate the wish for a title-column separate from the scroll-region. Visible column-headers would be nice too, but the content of cells above/below helps identifying columns.

arlo

Okay, I've put that on my wish list, too.

arlo

The Spreadsheet View button is now available from the set list view page, and the leftmost column is fixed when scrolling horizontally.