Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Play more recordings at once

Started by lbolen, April 28, 2016, 09:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lbolen

Hello Arlo,

I absolutely LOVE the program, and have been using it live for a couple years now.

Is there any plans to push the envelope even further and have additional output capability to allow for up to 4 stereo tracks to play at once? For example using an Apogee Quartet and utilizing their 8-outputs.

I envision a stage setup with various amps and stereo keyboard amps, etc., allowing for on-stage (separated) individual input sources (say guitar into an auxiliary guitar amp, stereo keys into a stereo keyboard amp, etc.) which would allow for a single act or duo to sound more like a full band on stage?  8) 8)

Thank you in advance for your thoughts,
Les

lbolen

(From the Advanced Audio Features in the help section)

You can play two recordings simultaneously if you turn on Settings > Audio & MIDI > Audio Options > Play First Two Recordings Together, and you can then route them to different output channels with the Recording 1/2 Output Channel settings...

===

I wonder if it's possible to increase this capability to Play First Four Recordings Together?

Les

arlo

So the goal is to have different pre-recorded backing parts coming out of different amps on stage rather than all coming out of the house speakers and monitors?

lbolen

Yes, please. I have tried it on a laptop using a MOTU interface, and the effect is WAY more band-like, having more instrumentation coming from actual amps on stage, and the separation and change is much more realistic, and less "karaoke-like" just in the mains...at least in my opinion...

The advantage would by your program through an iPad is so much more awesome than a laptop, including the lyrics and everything in one package, and the ability to have up to eight multiple outputs would be SO cool. Not to mention synced MIDI now controlling lighting etc!

Thank you very much for your fast reply.

Les

arlo

Okay, I'll put it on my wish list. Meanwhile, perhaps you can control your laptop software via MIDI sent from Set List Maker. Then you could still use all the Set List Maker functionality except audio playback, which would be handled by the laptop.

lbolen

Thank you Arlo, that's clever...so for now, just slave the laptop to the MIDI on Set List Maker as master. I will give that a try, can't see why it won't work in the meantime.

Thanks again for adding it to the wish list,

Les

lbolen

Hello ArloMedia, happy Tuesday!!

Was looking at and thinking about this thread this week. I have been curious if you had had any success implementing multiple tracks into the software over the past year or so?

Great software by the way, we're using it every week!  😎

Les

arlo

It's still on my wish list, but nobody else has asked about it and I haven't done any work on it.

Callisto

Hi!

I've been waiting for a follow up on this thread.

I would REALLY have this feature. I have a duo and use two stereo tracks with Mix, bass and a clicktrack. But sometimes I got a drummer with me on stage, and because of that it would be cool to be able to use pre-recorded drums sometimes and sometimes don't.

I have transferred to BH, but I really miss this feature, so if it's implemented in SLM I would gladly go back to it.

Cheers!
Stefan

arlo

If I were to add this, I would most likely add it to Set List Maker and BandHelper at the same time.