Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Playback after recording midi automation Help!!!

Started by markyt1980, May 26, 2016, 01:53:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markyt1980

Hi everyone,  i have just recently got set list Maker and think it is a brilliant app,  i am however coming across a problem i don't know what I'm doing wrong so any help or advise would really be appreciated.

I have the latest version 4.2.11
running on an iPad mini 2 on iOS 9.2.1
connected to a TC Helicon voice live touch

i have made midi presets and the work perfectly.

the problem i have is when I go to play back my backing track with the automation i have recorded that controls the reverb delay and harmonies etc,  after a few seconds of playback the backing track stops.  i have looked into the edit window of the automation recording and i notice the track keeps stopping where the start/stop toggle command is. I just want to play both the backing track with its automation recoding at the same time.  any help or advise really appreciated.  just as an extra i pressed record the automation first then i pressed play for my backing track. 

Many Thanks

PS this is something i need to sort urgently as its for a show in 6 days and i need to get the whole show automated :S

arlo

When you play back the recording and automation track, are you starting the recording with another method? In that case, it would already be playing when the automation track runs and then the Recording Play/Pause event you recorded would stop it. If that's the problem, you should either remove the Recording Play/Pause from your automation track, or don't start the recording another way and let the automation track start it.

markyt1980

Hi there Arlo,  when you say "play back the recording and automation track, are you starting the recording with another method?"

do you mean from in another view in the app or the button i press to play the track?

if i press the Automation button it plays if i say click on the song title to play it doesn't work and stops where the start stop is around 2 seconds in etc.

sorry I'm new to the app so still easily confused haha   :D

Also thank you so very much

arlo

How are you starting the recording in the show view? Do you have Settings > Automation > Song Selection Actions > Play Recording turned on, or are you tapping the recording icon to play it?