Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Multiple wireless MIDI connections

Started by alf777, May 16, 2016, 01:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alf777

I run BandHelper and I intend to use iRig BlueBoard for switching to the next song etc.
In addition, Midi Presets are sent to my Boss GT-100 to select presets.
Is it possible (if the GT-100 has a power supply on the Midi I/O) to use a wireless Midi connection e.g. Yamaha MD-BT01 Wireless Midi Adapter instead of a wired connection?
I use an IPad 3rd generation (which would have to manage two bluetooth Midi connections - BlueBoard and MD-BT01).

Thanks.
Alfons

arlo

The Blueboard doesn't really use MIDI over Bluetooth, it uses its own format to send messages from the board to its own iOS app, which then translates the messages to inter-app MIDI for other iOS apps to receive. So that shouldn't conflict with sending real MIDI over Bluetooth to another device.

Kazbah

FYI I also use a iPad  3 and i am using my FCB-1010 to control Bandhelper. I am using a Puc+ to transmit from the FCB-1010 data over Bluetooth LE. The Puc+ can operate on batteries or you can power it using any USB charger since the FCB-1010 does not provide MIDI power (as seem to be the case of the GT-100)

http://jamstik.com/products/pucplus
Notes: You can connect USB-MIDI or MIDI DIN5 but NOT at same time. When using the DIN5 connector it can be set to MIDI-IN OR MIDI-OUT; USB-MIDI can do both in and out at the same time.