Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Duplicate remote control messages

Started by Rick, May 26, 2016, 02:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

Hello,
ich am using die PED with the settings "previous page or previous song" and "next page or next song" in my set list on my iPad. My problem is that when I connect my PED in the setting of BandHelper it works fine until I put my iPad in standby mode and then turn it back on and then use the PED it jumps over the previous/next pages and goes directly to the previous/next song. The only way I have found to fix this issue is to go back to the settings in BandHelper and "forget this devise" and then pair it again. It works fine until I repeat the steps above. It doesn´t matter in what mode my PED is in. Is there something that I missed?
Thanks,
Rick

ps. Oh, I forgot to mention, that all my songs have multiple page documents. :)

arlo

Do you mean you get duplicate messages, so pressing the button once advances more than one song?

Rick

No, what I mean is that it jumps over the next page. When a song has 2 pages, it jumps to the next song and when it has 3 pages, it jumps to the 3rd page and viceversa. But if the song has 3 pages and it is on the 3rd page, it goes to the next song's 1st page without jumping over it. I must say that it does seem like a double command, because the next song (after jumping over the next page) seems to show the first page a millisecond and then again. This only happens after I put the iPad in standby and then wake it up again. I would like to record this issue. Do you know of an app that would record what I am doing on the iPad?

ps. but it could be duplicate messages.

arlo

If you are using the Next Page Or Song remote control action, and the foot switch sends double messages, you'd see the behavior you described. I have seen something similar in my testing lately and will report back here after I look into it further.

arlo

Can you go to Help > Utilities in the app and tell me the iOS version and device type shown there?

Rick

My iPad Mini is:
iOS 9.3.2
iPad2,7

And my iPad 4 is:
iOS 9.3.2
iPad3,6

both have the same issue.

arlo

Okay, I've just fixed this in my working copy and the fix will be available in the next app version in about a month. Meanwhile, you can refrain from locking your device while performing. If you do lock and unlock your device, you can forget and re-pair the PED as you described, or restart the app if that's easier.

Rick

Ok, thanks for the quick repair! Wish it would be available earlier!

arlo

I just submitted BandHelper 3.0, which should fix this. More info about the new version is here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1347.0.html