Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

imidipatchbay and Bandhelper

Started by apilz, May 10, 2016, 04:15:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

apilz

Hi everyone, I've just purchased imidipatchbay as a kind of experiment and was wondering if anyone has tried using this app along with bandhelper or setlist maker?
My idea is to use imidipatchbay to store my midi presets and splits and so forth but call these up with a single program change message from bandhelper?

So when I select song A from bandhelper, Song A is selected in imidipatchbay which in turn sends my midi control info to each of my keyboards, which includes my splits volume levels sustain settings etc...

Thanks
Thanks, Alan

apilz

Got it working..

If anyone is interested, there is an option under settings in iMIDIPatchbay 'Receive Program Changes from virtual Midi port'.

You can then find this midi device in bandhelper as  'iMIDIPatchbay'. Just keep the MSB LSB at 0, Program 0 corresponds to the first saved config in iMIDIPatchbay.

Overall impression, very powerful little app but lacks some nice features we are used to from Bandhelper's website to batch import and get things setup.

Generally pleased with it. I suggest Arlo you take a look and see whether you can extend the midi capabilities of Bandhelper.. Lol  ;)

Had it working in the background with Bandhelper running up front and controlling 3 keyboards change presets, preset volumes, splits and zones. Controlled by running blueboard pedal switch. Sweet.... Not forgetting the iConnect MIDI 4+ interface.. That's makes it all possible...
Thanks, Alan

arlo

For the record, you don't need to select another app as the port. You can just send to all ports and other apps will receive your messages. Generally you only need to select a specific port if you are targeting more than 16 apps or devices.

joepno

I use iMidipatchbay together with SLM for a couple of years now. I think it is an awesome combination. I don't use 2 keyboards but run bs-16i on the iPad as a sound module for some extra sounds which are not available on zmy Nord Stage. Perfect. I tried  Sampletank too. Also possible but I did not manage to run both sample players in parallel, because I wasn't able to choose an individual midi input channel in Sampletank.

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

apilz

Just an update on this topic. Had my first gig last weekend with everything running nicely. Mainstage 3 + Novation SLK MKII + KRONOS + Roland piano. It all worked very well. Took some time preparing all the patches and midi patchbay splits, but paid off. My advice for midi patchbay users is. Use Bandhelper to control the patch selection on every device. Then use midi patchbay to define the type of configuration. Eg Roland Master control with split with Kronos as a preset, or Kronos master layered with Mainstage and so forth. Also, name the patches in midi patchbay starting with 00, 01. The program change values are derived by the order they are shown in patchbay. Keeping 00 as the first makes it easy to know what the program change number is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Alan