Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

I'm new, I'm confused.

Started by dennymusic, July 23, 2016, 01:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dennymusic

I am completely at a loss of how to work this app.

I am a solo act, sing, play guitar and play harmonica with a brace. All I want to do right now is create a songlist view with only song's in the view (no lyrics), tap on a song then the lyrics pop up in a new page. When I'm finished with that song I simply want to tap a button to go back to my setlist of songs and repeat again. I don't need to do anything else right now. Later I might use it with "Mainstage", if I get to that point. I want to use my iPad in the vertical position, "Portrait", on my mic stand. I will be using the 4-pedal Airturn Quad that I purchased recently to scroll the set list and the lyrics. Possibly selecting the song I want from set list,,, if that's possible. The Airturn Quad is also new to me and I have never used it. I'm not completely sure how much it will do for me yet.

From my iPad, I just bought the app, Version 5.0.4. I can't find any video's "OR TEXT" tutorials for my version. I need to explain that I'm trying to work the program from my iPad while looking at tutorials from my laptop. The reason is because if I work only from my iPad then I'd have to switch screens all the time to do so. That would be a pain in the butt to do that.

From my laptop I opened the main Set List Maker page and went to the text tutorial  "Changing Your Song Layouts" but it isn't the same views as mine. This is where I went;
http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/changing_layouts.html

One thing that really bothers me is that most of the icons on the upper right of the screen are grayed out. Am I supposed to buy something else to make this app work?

This app is way more complicated for this 59 year old singer performer. There are so many switches, buttons, icons, this and that's,,,,

You make available this 5.0.4 version but you haven't provided a "users manual" for THIS version to learn how to work it.

arlo

From my iPad, I just bought the app, Version 5.0.4. I can't find any video's "OR TEXT" tutorials for my version.

I don't redo the videos for every app version. The written tutorials should be up to date for the latest version. However, the recent version 5.0 was a big release and I haven't had time to redo all the screen shots yet, so those might vary in a few places from the current app version.

One thing that really bothers me is that most of the icons on the upper right of the screen are grayed out. Am I supposed to buy something else to make this app work?

You don't need to buy anything else for the functionality you're describing. Some of the top toolbar buttons are for advanced features that are described here:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/upgrades.html

This app is way more complicated for this 59 year old singer performer. There are so many switches, buttons, icons, this and that's,,,,

I strongly recommend working through the Getting Started tutorial before doing anything else:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/getting_started.html