Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Crashing on all devices now after update ...

Started by ThatsWhatSheSaidBaltimore, June 30, 2016, 10:47:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatsWhatSheSaidBaltimore

I just updated SetlistMaker on my iPhone 6, iPad2 and iPad Pro ... now every time I start up one of my Shows and try to use my layout (I've tried all of the layouts too and they all crash) it immediately crashes back to the main Apple IOS screen.   I cannot get any of my sets!  Please help!  I have a big gig tomorrow evening and desperately need this working!   Thanks!

Chris

PS >> I cannot add my fields to the layout now either ... the ones I had on my layouts are totally gone (my setup info for my keyboards so I know what presets to use for each song) ... If I try to customize or create a brand new layout it crashes immediately when I try to add any field ...

arlo

I'm aware that layouts containing custom fields are crashing in the new version. I will release a fix for this within 24 hours. If you submit a help ticket, I can confirm if this is the problem with all your layouts:

http://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/add.html

As a workaround, you could create a new layout and place any custom fields in the bottom toolbar, which doesn't have this problem.

Thanks ... I'll try creating another custom layout with fields in bottom bar as you suggest ... if it works that would get me through the gig .... I'll post when I've tried it and let you know how it works ...

UPDATE *** Just tried as you suggested to create a brand new layout add custom fields to bottom toolbar and it is crashing immediately when I touch any of the fields that I want to add to that bottom toolbar ... any other suggestions?

Ok ... so I've been playing with the bottom toolbar and it looks like if I select one of the places that says "Empty" I can choose a field and it stays without crashing ... I just can't click on the toolbar and add it in another place ... I think this might get me through my gig ... gonna mess with it some more to make sure it will work for me on all devices ... thanks for the quick response!

gatho

Same problem here on iphone 6 and ios 9.3.2. Can not edit layouts, app chrashes...

Claridgr

I've got the same problem and have a gig tomorrow...Tried creating new layout and putting fields into bottom toolbar but song list not appearing at all when I try to create the layout. Will have to keep fingers crossed and wait for fix.

arlo

I submitted fixes for the custom field issues today. The Android version should be available for download now; the iOS version will most likely be approved within 48 hours. Here are the release notes:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html
http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html

If you need an immediate workaround, adding custom fields to one of the four field slots in the bottom toolbar should work.

Quote from: Claridgr on June 30, 2016, 02:49:30 PM
song list not appearing at all when I try to create the layout.

That sounds like a different topic, and I'm not aware of any problems adding a song list to a layout, but you do need to add the song list if you are creating a new layout.

Claridgr

Sorry re previous comment maybe I'm using incorrect terminology. I mean that for the workaround you suggest I select a show (which has songs in it from a database), try to create a new layout for it with two fields specified in the "empty" sections in bottom tool bar. Then all I saw is a value in both fields from th custom fields for the first song in my "show list". I can see you can (I think) select songs for the layout from the + sign on the bottom tool bar (but not sure why you would as I am already within the show section that I want?) but still no songs show up in the layout screen. I appreciate this may be user error! I have no time to go through this now anyway as need to leave for gig. Will await update and in meantime write set list with keyboard settings on piece of paper!

arlo

Quote from: Claridgr on July 01, 2016, 06:10:39 AM
Sorry re previous comment maybe I'm using incorrect terminology. I mean that for the workaround you suggest I select a show (which has songs in it from a database), try to create a new layout for it with two fields specified in the "empty" sections in bottom tool bar. Then all I saw is a value in both fields from th custom fields for the first song in my "show list".

It sounds like you're using a phone, because you only have two field placeholders in the bottom toolbar while tablets have four. These fields will only show values for the current song. There are several ways to change songs: swiping horizontally in your layout, tapping the Next or Previous Song button if you put those in your layout, showing the song list and tapping a title in the list, or using the Next or Previous Song remote control actions.

Claridgr

Thanks, yes, I am using it on a phone. I can now see custom fields in my layouts but still experiencing corrupted screens on them. Have added a message to ticket 10854 as I get an error message when I try to send screenshots. Thanks.

SLM-user

I have the same problems as above!  Using my iPhone 5.

Is there a way to go back to prior the update?  I really struggled at rehearsal earlier on.
Corrupted screen and in-editable layout.  Please help!