Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Add Recording question

Started by Duffage, July 03, 2016, 10:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duffage

"On iOS, Set List Maker typically plays recordings from the iTunes music library on your device. Starting with app version 4.2, you can optionally play recordings that you add to the app in the same way you add documents. This eliminates the need to use iTunes.
To use this option, copy a recording into Set List Maker using Open In from another app, or using the Import button at the top of the Recordings list, or using iTunes File Sharing. Then go to the Songs list, tap a song title, and tap Add Recordings on the song edit page. In the Add Recordings window that appears, tap the Local button to show a list of recordings you have added to the app. Select a recording, and Set List Maker will now treat it the same way as a recording in the iTunes music library.
You can use a mixture of iTunes and local recordings in the same database."

I'm trying to follow these directions without much success. I cannot find "Open In" from another app. and the "Import" button just gives me "iCloud Drive" as an option. (The only choice presented here is one .pdf file.)
When in "Add Recording" at the "Song Edit" page, the "Local" folder shows previous files but nothing added recently. The "iTunes" folder is empty as well.

Where do I go from here?

Thanks, Steve

arlo

For the Open In option, what app are you trying to copy a recording from?

For the Import option, you will only see services for cloud storage apps that you have installed. If you're not using iCloud, you would need to install the app for whatever service you are using.

Duffage

I'm using my iPad's Music app. which only shows options to Airdrop or Mail or Copy Link.
I believe though, that I discovered my missing step. The syncing of iTunes from my PC to my iPad.

Thanks for the help Arlo.