Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

More chord editor capability

Started by Schulti, July 11, 2016, 02:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schulti

Hello Arlo,
i wonder if it is possible to add some more possible formats to the chord-editor.
For example i would find it useful, if i could do:
- superscript & subscript letters (sorry if this is not the correct word, couldnt find another translation)
- use different fonts & sizes
- indent some of text
- a possibility to lock to editor per song for a specific aspectratio or high/width would be great too (so that it is possible to see while writing if a line would be cut to the next paragraph)

Thank you for your great app!
Christoph

Schulti

I just saw that the chord-editor on mobiledevices is able to place △ and °. This symbol are displayed in the webeditor too.
How can i do this in the webinterface and are there any other symbold, that i can use like these two?
Thank you! :)

arlo

- superscript & subscript letters (sorry if this is not the correct word, couldnt find another translation)
- use different fonts & sizes
- indent some of text

If you want more editing capabilities, you can create a document in a word processor, graphic design or music notation app, then save that as a PDF and attach it to your song.

- a possibility to lock to editor per song for a specific aspectratio or high/width would be great too (so that it is possible to see while writing if a line would be cut to the next paragraph)

I think managing line breaks is pretty easy in the current setup. When you resize your lyrics, you can pick a line to resize to, then go back to the edit page and break any lines that are longer than that one.

I just saw that the chord-editor on mobiledevices is able to place △ and °. This symbol are displayed in the webeditor too.
How can i do this in the webinterface and are there any other symbold, that i can use like these two?

I didn't add a symbol toolbar to the web editor because on your computer, you can just use your keyboard to enter the symbols. This isn't an option on mobile devices, so the toolbar was needed as the only way to enter them.

Schulti

On editing:
Yes you are right. Thats what i am doing until now.
But i thought i could save time and effort, when typing songs directly into the chord editor (no word, no saving as pdf, no upload, not doing it all over again if there are any changes, for example).
The superscripting and subscripting is (at least for me) the important missing part. Is there anything you can do?

Line break:
Good idea. I´ll do that! :)

Symbols:
By now i found alot of "ALT+Num" combinations, that could be usefull.
But which one makes the △ ?

arlo

The superscripting and subscripting is (at least for me) the important missing part. Is there anything you can do?

I can put it on my wish list, but there's not a lot of space there and I'm afraid that wouldn't be useful to enough people to justify adding.

But which one makes the △?

Looks like it's 25B3:

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/25b3/index.htm

Schulti

Ok, thank you for your help. I Understand

I tried to use the exsisting editor for my needs. I´ve found out, that using colors will not displayed correctly.
Do you want me to open a help ticket for this?

arlo