Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Follow remote feature

Started by metamorfosis18, June 19, 2018, 01:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metamorfosis18

We are trying to use the "Follow remote control events" feature. It works rather well when both the master and slave devices are displaying the same show.
The problem begins when a different show is selected on the master device.
That particular show is not automatically selected on the device that is being controlled.
As a result, you can still control the slave device(s) remotely, but the song being displayed is one from the previous show.  I would need to tell the rest of the band verbally to change to the show/list I am on to make this work efficiently, which is neither practical nor possible all the time.
Someone might suggest that we should use the "Display screen from" feature, but we cannot do that because the master device is using the SetlistMaker app in Slide Over (a feature of the iPad Pro), and  it displays the screen very small on the devices being controlled.
By the by, the databases are identical on all devices.

arlo

Currently, changes to the current show are not transmitted through device linking. This function assumes you will be using the same show or smart list for the duration of your performance -- or if you go "off script" to another show or smart list, you'll do that on your device only.

However, with the new function to quickly switch between shows or smart lists without leaving the show view, it would be relatively easy to implement that additional capability, so I'll put that on my wish list and will let you know if I can add it.

metamorfosis18

Thanks for replaying.  It would be really awesome if you could add this feature.  We used do this with OnSong, but I migrated everything to SLM, really like many of its features, and don't want to go back. 
By the way, I admire how you find the time to go through posts on this forum, and actually reply.
Thank you for listening.

metamorfosis18

Hi Arlo, any updates on this feature?

arlo

No, but it's still on my wish list.

arlo

Yesterday's major update adds Settings > Device Linking > Follow Set List Selections. This will change the selected set list or smart list on slave devices IF the change was made on the master device by clicking the set list title in the top toolbar and picking a new set list or smart list.

All the new changes are listed here:

https://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html