Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Tagging Songs Per Show

Started by rollercoaster, July 20, 2016, 07:31:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollercoaster

Firstly, Bandhelper is revolutionary in the running of, and playing in, a band.  It's great.

One feature that would be brilliant, is to be able to tag / highlight songs for individual setlists.
For example, in my function band, we play around 60-70 weddings and functions a year.  I use a template setlist, and copy it for each wedding.  However, people will request favourite songs from the 50 songs in the set (i.e Use Somebody, I Will Wait, 500 Miles).  I would love to be able to highlight those songs for inclusion in tonight's set for example... but have it as a non-permeant tag / highlight, as it is just for the one show.

Many thanks,
Alistair.

ps. probably impossible, but it would be great to be be able to trigger an external DJ App (i.e.. DJ Pro) at the end of the set, say by clicking "DJ SET" song...

arlo

One feature that would be brilliant, is to be able to tag / highlight songs for individual setlists.
For example, in my function band, we play around 60-70 weddings and functions a year.  I use a template setlist, and copy it for each wedding.  However, people will request favourite songs from the 50 songs in the set (i.e Use Somebody, I Will Wait, 500 Miles).  I would love to be able to highlight those songs for inclusion in tonight's set for example... but have it as a non-permeant tag / highlight, as it is just for the one show.

You could create a custom field for each event, then put your event-specific notes into that, then when the event is over, either deactivate (to hide but retain for future reference) or delete (to permanently remove and keep tidy) the custom field.

ps. probably impossible, but it would be great to be be able to trigger an external DJ App (i.e.. DJ Pro) at the end of the set, say by clicking "DJ SET" song...

See the paragraph starting "If you want to quickly jump between apps..." on this page:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/performing.html