Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Problems with page turning using full screen landscape mode in Set List Maker

Started by key.bs, July 25, 2016, 03:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

key.bs

At the moment I try to use an AirTurn PED via Bluetooth to turn over pages (in landsscape mode with a docking station).

I created my sheets using MS Word and created PDF files.
Page format is always DIN A4 landscape.
The test document contains 7 pages (attached(.

There is the following issue I am unhappy about:

With every hit on the AirTurnPED the document feeds forwards (this is the expected behavior) but does not start always at the top of the page.
Because already the first page does not fill the full screen this behavior declines more and more the further the pages increase.
Document example and setting screenshots are attached.

App Version 5.0.4
iOS 9.3.2
Device  iPad 3
Upgrade  MIDI

Does anybody knows a solution to keep each page separat using the maximum screen?

arlo

Do you have Settings > General Settings > Document Size set to A4?

key.bs

Hey Arlo,
Thanks for this tip. I changed the setting from "letter" to "DIN A4", but immediately I could not see any difference.
After some new starts of the app I recognized that now the pages will displayed central in the middle of the display. I do not know what really happend...

And now, the following issue unfortunately remains:

One hit at the AirTurnPED always switches 2 pages forward instead of just one page (Note: This behavior is not new. It already was the same before changing "letter" > "DIN A4").
Also I just see page 1, 3, 5, and 7 but not 2, 4, 6.
Is there any other setting I do need to change within SLM?

arlo

Please tap the foot switch button in the top toolbar to show the remote control activity log. Then press your foot switch. For each press of the switch, do you see one message or two in the activity log?

key.bs

Addition:
After getting a simple wired foot switch (instead of the AirTurnPED ) running at the Behringer docking station as described here
http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php?topic=1403.new;topicseen#new

I am able to turn over pages via this switch, but:
The 1, 3, 5, 7 problem is still remaining.

key.bs

The following message using the AirTurnPED could be seen:
Attachement 1 (111755) shows the result after the first foot switch hit (3 lines of messages come up).
Attachement 2 (111816) shows the result after the second foot switch hit (another 3 lines of messages come up).

Using foot switch at Behringer docking station does not show any messages.

arlo

Attachement 1 (111755) shows the result after the first foot switch hit (3 lines of messages come up).

Can you post one of your PDFs here for me to test with?

Using foot switch at Behringer docking station does not show any messages.

To view those messages, you could tap the MIDI icon in the top toolbar.

key.bs

Please use the document "Child's_Anthem-Toto_v3.pdf" which was already attached to this forum item above.

arlo

Did you go to the Documents list in the main menu, select Child's_Anthem-Toto_v3 and specify landscape orientation? You will have to do this for any landscape documents in order for the pagination to work correctly. The app can't tell if a document has portrait or landscape pages, and defaults to portrait.

key.bs

Hi Arlo,

many Thanks - this solved the problem!
First of all I only set up the properties via the general settings for documents and did not know that it explicitely needs to be done for each document separately too...
Now it works fine and I can you the app as desired.

Best Regards, Christian