Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Page turning via a wired foot switch using behringer docking station is202

Started by key.bs, July 25, 2016, 02:44:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

key.bs

In Set List Maker I like to use a simple wired footswitch connected to the "SW" jack of the Behringer iStudio is202 to turn over to the next page (always forward).

I tried to use the setting via General Purpose Buttons 1–4 (MIDI CC80...83) supposing that the "SW" switch input is mapped to one of these messages.
But I do not really know if this is right because of missing documentation.

Please also have a look to this issue:
http://forum.music-group.com/showthread.php?11818-iS202-footswitch-connectors&highlight=is202

Is there a standard MIDI message which normally has to be used for such foot switches? How can I set this event up in Set List Maker?
Can someone please help what are the necessary settings in SLM with the Behringer docking station using a simple foot switch like Yamaha FC5, BOSS FS-5U or similar.

Thanks!

arlo

There are several standard options for foot switch messages, but the hardware manufacturers don't always follow the standards. If Behringer can't tell you how their product works, you could try the suggestion here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,684.0.html

key.bs

This was a good tip for a first approximation.
So, I found out that via Set List Maker I also can see the MIDI data coming in when pressing and releasing the "SW foot switch" of the Behringer docking station.
A separate app is not necessary.
Choose a MIDI preset > klick the MIDI symbol > the MIDI monitor window (in German App version called "MIDI-Status") comes up.
There you can see the data transmission and receiving.

Result:
Pressing the SW foot switch connected to the Behringer is202 sends MIDI data B0, 40, 7F
Releasing again SW foot switch sends MIDI data B0, 40, 00

Based on this information what do I need to set up in SLM to turn over pages now?

arlo

Oh yes of course, this functionality is built into Set List Maker now.  :P

Control change 40 hex (64 decimal) is Damper Pedal, which Set List Maker does support; you can select an action on the Settings > Remote Control page, then select MIDI Controller Messages > Damper Pedal. You will also want to set MIDI Button Style to Momentary so you don't get duplicate messages when you press and then release the foot switch.

key.bs

Thanks a lot. That was exactely that what I like to do.
Behringer "SW foot switch" also sends the CC64 Damper Pedal MIDI message.