Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Layouts - Access to Layouts between Projects - Bandhelper - Android

Started by John Dumke, July 26, 2016, 06:34:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Dumke

I am having difficulty in BandHelper with Layouts, when I have created an additional Project. Layouts were obviously present with the first project that I created within my account. But once a second project was created no layouts are present for the additional projects.

I have tried all of the suggestions.

1) Import the default layouts for BandHelper. I can not find these layouts anywhere on my system. I have searched with ES File Explorer and no luck.

2) I have tried Importing an existing File, still can't located them anywhere on my system. I went to the file folder and have located all of the Song (mp3) and Pdf files.

3) I have tried copying a layout file using the send to function within the "Edit Details" screen of the layout that I want to share. I tried sending this to a location on my system. Nothing was copied. I tried emailing it with gmail. I was told there was no attachment (So this looks like a bug)

The easiest way would be to just share this layout across all projects. I noticed that in the "Edit Details" screen of the Layouts window that a given Layout can be shared with specific users or All users. But is only assigned to One Project. It would be much simpler to just share layouts across projects. So that if a change is made all projects will see the new layout.

Any suggestions.

P.S. - Thanks for an AMAZING product, I am really looking forward to getting my band up to speed.

System - Android Version 6.0.1
App Version 2.04
Device SM-T813   (Samsung T2)

arlo

The easiest way would be to just share this layout across all projects.

Yes, that's what I would recommend. You should be able to assign a layout to any or all projects from the Edit Details page for the layout. What problem are you running into when you do that?

John Dumke

I assume there is no way to edit the layouts in the Web version of BandHelper.com, as the tablet screen is required for editing the layout.

On my tablet the problem is that there is No Popup screen for "Projects", like there is for "Users" (under "Edit Details" of a Layout). I do hear an audible click when tapping the "Projects" option like I hear with "Users", but there is no pop up.

P.S. - Now that I know there is a pop up. I went to my iPhone 6 and tested a layout in the original project and the pop up works! Fortunately, the non compatible Tablet Layouts Do show up on my iPhone, so I can change it in this location. I just tested one layout on my iPhone by adding the layout to all projects. and it works. The layout was modified to show up in all projects. When viewed on the Android it does now show as part of all projects, however there still is no pop up on the Android Samsung Tablet.

Let me know if you need any info on my end..... Thanks

arlo

Okay, I think I see the problem with the inactive Projects picker. That should be fixed in the next update later this week.

jlowry

So has the copying a Layout to another Project been fixed yet?  Mine still says Copy to another account but that is iOS though. 

When I try to make a similar layout in one project as is in another project and call it the same thing I'm told I already have a layout called that.  Not in that Project I don't.

arlo

The problem reported above was fixed over a year ago (Android version 2.0.5). If you want to use the same layout in multiple projects, you should not copy it, you should just edit the list of projects it's assigned to.

jlowry

Got it, I'm fairly new to this app coming from Set List Maker a short time ago.

Cool, nice and easy.