Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Mis-alignment of chords issue on imported chordpro files

Started by DomKelly, January 09, 2017, 03:49:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DomKelly

I have recently downloaded Set List Maker on Android and have an issue that I have when importing Chordpro files into the app.
I have recently been using Songbook in order to format the tabs for my setlists, but thought that your app seemed more comprehensive. I create chordpro files from within ChordSmith using bracketed chords so that the chords appear above the lyric text. All is fine in Songbook when I adjust the zoom levels so that I can read them on stage. However, when I import the chordpro file into SLM and adjust the zoom level to increase text size, the chords are mis-aligned with the lyrics, quite considerably when I zoom in a lot, as can be seen in the attachment. I have read on this forum that the font setting needs to be set to 'Lyrics Font to Monospace' but this does not resolve the issue. I am using Android version 4.4.2 on a LG-V500 8.3" tablet. Hopefully someone has a resolution or possible work around to this situation as I really need a large text format with the chords correctly aligned.

arlo

This happens if you zoom in so much that your lines of text have to wrap (or conversely, if your lines of text are so long that they wrap when you zoom). The solution is to edit your lyrics to add line breaks to make your lines shorter. For example, you would have to add a line break after "chicken man" in the first line. Then you can zoom it up to the size shown in your screen shot and the wrapping will stay as you set it and the chords will stay where they're supposed to be.