Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Launching Apps via Bandhelper

Started by apilz, August 12, 2016, 04:15:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

apilz

Hi,

We have a new mixer in our band. It's a soundcraft Ui16. It's functions are controlled via web access to its built in wifi connection.
When we are performing it's has a really useful function called more me, allow each individual band member to adjust their own levels for their aux sends.
The problem is that to switch to this app mid performance from band helper on iOS you need to double tap the home key, slide to the app to open which is pretty awkward whilst playing!

I have created a shortcut on my home screen that takes me straight to the website, but is there any functionality to add this as an app for easy launch the app or shortcut?
Thanks, Alan

arlo

BandHelper has the ability to jump to other apps via their URL scheme; see "If you want to quickly jump between apps..." on this page:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/performing.html

However, the Soundcraft UI doesn't use its own app, it uses Safari. So you would have to use the Safari URL scheme, if it has one. And then that would open the main Safari instance, not the standalone shortcut you created. One more issue is that the Soundcraft interface might reload every time you switch apps, and the reloading takes a while (I have one of these and the interface load time is one of the only things I don't like about it).

You could try running BandHelper and the Soundcraft interface side by side on a split-screen compatible iPad. Another alternative is to use only BandHelper on the iPad and use a phone for Soundcraft; if the More Me function is the main thing you want, that appears by default when using a phone in portrait orientation.

apilz

Thanks Arlo... I tried this and on the iPad whenever I go to Settings --> Apps Bandhelper quits unexpectedly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Alan

apilz

Reinstalled the app and it's fixed..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Alan

arlo

Okay, I don't know what happened or why reinstalling would fix it.