Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Audio player problems

Started by Goergtn, August 14, 2016, 02:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goergtn

I have backing tracks loaded in my Music app on my IPad. These are in .aif or .wav format. When I play them back in SLMs audio player, they sound very different than the IPads own player. There is a loss of high end and what seems to be some compression going on. For instance, a snare drum will now sound like it's being brushed instead of hit with a drumstick. This does not happen right away, but after a couple songs.
Also, if I slow down, or speed up a songs playback - then select another song - the speed slider (tortoise / hare) resets to the middle, but the actual speed does not reset. I have to touch the speed selector to get it to the correct speed.
Maybe they are related? Maybe if I'm changing speeds of playback, it is still trying to process a new song selection and would account for "fidelity" loss? I will try starting up SLM again and NOT touching the speed control and see if all the trax sound correct.
Is the playback speed thingy just intended for practicing ? Maybe get rid of it and just use a playback button in a "show" layout?

Goergtn

Never mind - it seems speed control is intended for practice only. I took it out of my layout and all my backing tracks sound wonderful again.
File this under False User Expectations.

arlo

QuoteAlso, if I slow down, or speed up a songs playback - then select another song - the speed slider (tortoise / hare) resets to the middle, but the actual speed does not reset. I have to touch the speed selector to get it to the correct speed.

This is fixed in the new app version that was released today:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/support/release_notes.html