Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Author Topic: Cannot find the Send MIDI Beat Clock menu options on my Android devices  (Read 2758 times)

Ulfonze

Hello. On my Android phone and tablet , I cannot find the menu options "Send MIDI Beat Clock" and "Send Beat Clock to Port". Am I blind? :)

I tried to figure out if there is some other (MIDI) setting which I am not aware of that will make those two menu items appear. Without success. Or is there maybe a screen layout problem that hides the menu items from the list?

I attach pic from the MIDI tutorial, and what it looks like on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. It looks the same on my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition.

arlo

• Administrator
Re: Cannot find the Send MIDI Beat Clock menu options on my Android devices
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 03:37:13 PM »
You're not blind, I had to hide this functionality on Android because it was inaccurate and I haven't yet found a way to make it more accurate. I'll post back here when I can give more time to that issue.

Ulfonze

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2016, 05:40:09 AM »
Ok thanks, then I know. :)

arlo

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 07:02:55 PM »
In the new app version released today, the Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Send MIDI Beat Clock setting is back, if you turn off Help > Utilities > Use Old MIDI Framework. However, this requires Android 6 or later. More info about the new version is here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1786.0.html

Ulfonze

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 12:16:13 AM »
Great Arlo! Yes, now I find it in the menu.