Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Cannot find the Send MIDI Beat Clock menu options on my Android devices

Started by Ulfonze, September 12, 2016, 11:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulfonze

Hello. On my Android phone and tablet , I cannot find the menu options "Send MIDI Beat Clock" and "Send Beat Clock to Port". Am I blind? :)

I tried to figure out if there is some other (MIDI) setting which I am not aware of that will make those two menu items appear. Without success. Or is there maybe a screen layout problem that hides the menu items from the list?

I attach pic from the MIDI tutorial, and what it looks like on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. It looks the same on my Samsung Note 10.1 2014 Edition.

arlo

You're not blind, I had to hide this functionality on Android because it was inaccurate and I haven't yet found a way to make it more accurate. I'll post back here when I can give more time to that issue.

arlo

In the new app version released today, the Settings > Tempo & Pitch > Send MIDI Beat Clock setting is back, if you turn off Help > Utilities > Use Old MIDI Framework. However, this requires Android 6 or later. More info about the new version is here:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1786.0.html

Ulfonze