Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Who wants an Apple Watch interface?

Started by arlo, September 13, 2016, 10:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should I add an Apple Watch interface for BandHelper (and Set List Maker)?

It's likely I would use that.
12 (52.2%)
It's possible I would use that.
3 (13%)
I don't think I would ever use that.
8 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

arlo

Now that the second generation Apple Watch is available, and prices have dropped on the first generation, I'm considering adding a watch interface for my apps. I can imagine two watch layouts for the set list view:

- A "list only" layout to scroll through your list of songs. When you select one, that would send a song selection message to your iPhone. From there, your iPhone could send song selections to other iOS or Android devices on stage. (Unfortunately the Apple Watch can't work directly with an iPad, only an iPhone.)

- A "song only" layout to display the current song title and a couple customizable fields or buttons. When you select a song on your other devices, the watch would update to show the current song, or you could swipe left or right on the watch to select the next or previous song on your devices.

It could also have an interface for the Contacts and Events modules in BandHelper, for things like showing contact actions that are due, or showing the time and address of the next gig.

See also this page for an earlier poll on this topic:

http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,470.0.html

Bibo69

I was more thinking on useful features for rehearsals or shows:
- tap on my wrist to indicate tempo
- just-on-time reminders ("break here", "go slow") including vibration
- etc...

arlo

Perc501

arlo

I submitted app version 3.1.5, which includes the Apple Watch app, today and it should be available for download in 2-3 days. I've posted a tutorial with screen shots here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/apple_watch.html

Quote from: Bibo69 on November 16, 2016, 04:46:08 AM
- tap on my wrist to indicate tempo
- just-on-time reminders ("break here", "go slow") including vibration

I think the data transfer between the watch and phone is not fast enough for a tap tempo function to work accurately, but the reminders with a vibration are on my to do list for a future update.