Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Feature request: Buttons for sending MIDI presets

Started by brk303, January 02, 2017, 07:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brk303

Hi,

I'm looking at BandHelper, and Midi presets is a feature I would love to use differently.
It seems to be only possible to link it with songs, which is fine, but I'd also like to be able to send presets during songs.

If Midi preset had another field to specify visibility, you could select presets you want to manually control. These would then show up as buttons in GUI and be visible at all times during the show. So perhaps docked in the bottom or something like that. Perhaps you can could name this effect panel.
Each MIDI preset marked to be displayed would be displayed as a button in this panel.

Furthermore, it would be useful to be able to specify if a MIDI preset is a button or a toggle. IOW, button would be used to trigger some action, where as toggle would be used to indicate state, like reverb on/off. The button would in that case remain in pressed state.

This would allow our singer to control effects from tablet while also seeing the lyrics at the same time.

Regards,
Daniel

arlo

If Midi preset had another field to specify visibility, you could select presets you want to manually control. These would then show up as buttons in GUI and be visible at all times during the show. So perhaps docked in the bottom or something like that. Perhaps you can could name this effect panel.
Each MIDI preset marked to be displayed would be displayed as a button in this panel.

See the option for Multiple MIDI Buttons on step 16 on this page:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/sending_MIDI.html

Furthermore, it would be useful to be able to specify if a MIDI preset is a button or a toggle. IOW, button would be used to trigger some action, where as toggle would be used to indicate state, like reverb on/off. The button would in that case remain in pressed state.

Whether a function acts as a momentary switch or toggle switch is up to the device that you're sending messages to. For something like turning reverb on, most devices will act as a toggle. So I think you'll find that this is already going to work as you want it to.