Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Batch import features

Started by 80sMan, November 25, 2016, 05:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

80sMan

Hi,
Firstly I've been using setlistmaker for a few years now and are happy with how it performs. I routinely add songs using batch import. Since May midi preset data is dynamic and changes with every new song.
I've written vbscript to produce my import.txt and midi.txt  file with information from my song directory and formatted as per instructions.

I'd like to know if there is:

Is there a away without deleting my database to purge all the songs and midi presets without deleting the layouts and custom fields and the midi output devices?
The only way at present is to delete each song and midi preset one at a time when can tedious task.
Be nice to have a 'delete all songs button' and a 'delete all midi presets button'  from database without deleting the show info, custom fields etc.

In addition can there be inclusion to add the audio playback files 2x stereo files to avoid typing it in for each song. Add to the Batch import   I use the songs for rehearsal?

Cheers

Rob

arlo

Is there a away without deleting my database to purge all the songs and midi presets without deleting the layouts and custom fields and the midi output devices?

Not in Set List Maker. In BandHelper, the web interface has batch update and batch delete functions you could use. However, deleting all your songs would essentially destroy all your shows because a show is a collection of songs.

In addition can there be inclusion to add the audio playback files 2x stereo files to avoid typing it in for each song. Add to the Batch import   I use the songs for rehearsal?

Do you mean can you include links to recordings in the batch import file? No, I didn't include this because you would have to spell the title, artist and album exactly accurately and for most people it's easier to link the recordings through the interface than to do that. In BandHelper you only have to match the recording filename, so that can be included in the batch import file.