Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Page turning?

Started by Teddy, December 10, 2016, 01:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teddy

Hello,

I'm a newbie who's just getting setup (switching over from Music Reader).  Our band needs the transpose feature in case we have guest singers who sing in a different key.  Plus all the other great features like syncing changes with other band members and page layout!   ;D

I've attached a screenshot to show my layout, but the problem is that I can't turn pages when the song is long.  I've tried swiping the screen, hotspot, foot pedal, and page buttons on my layout and NOTHING works after hours of tutorials and searching.  Our band loves the screenshot layout.  Please help.

It was easy to add our 100+ songs because we already had the .txt files to copy/paste into the lyrics box.  The songs transpose into different keys wonderfully on the fly without any additional formatting and it's nice not having to convert to .pdf.  I just need to be able to turn pages.  Please help.

Sincerely,
Teddy

arlo

It looks like you put all your lyrics into the Chords field. The Chords field is meant to just contain a few lines of text above your scrolling lyrics, as in the screen shot I'm attaching here. If you want to include all your lyrics, you would need to put them into the Lyrics field. There is no automated way to copy from the Chords to the Lyrics fields in all your songs, unfortunately.

Teddy

OK...thank you for your quick response.

It looks like my mistake was putting the info in the wrong box.  I did a test by cutting the contents from the chords box and pasting them back into the Lyrics box and it works just fine now.  Thanks again.

It's not too much trouble to manually cut/paste considering how awesome your app is.   Happy Holidays to you Arlo.  ;D

Teddy

Hi Arlo,

I've followed your advice and things are looking good now that I've cut/pasted the lyric/chord .txt files into the lyrics box.

There is one shortcoming that I am hoping there's an easy answer.  Some of my song pages display as 3 or 4 pages.  The 1st page is awesome, but subsequent pages skip a few lines of lyrics.  For instance, if page one has 15 lines of lyrics you would expect page two to begin with line 16 of lyrics.  But instead, page two begins with line 18 or 19...effectively skipping 2 or 3 lines of lyrics.

A few notes: 

-The .txt files were opened in NotePad, then copied and pasted directly into the lyrics box of BandHelper.  Formatting looked good.
-The individual pages are optimized (zoomed) in layouts on members iPads and Androids and saved.
-I hesitate using the auto-scroll feature because our performance is geared toward a live crowd and our eyes are not focused upon the screen during performance.  Therefore going back to a moving screen seems troublesome.  Plus improv makes it difficult to accurately time.  Additionally, our band members are accustomed to traditional page turns and training the members seems like a daunting task.

Hoping this is something minor that I've overlooked.

Sincerely,
Teddy

arlo

There is one shortcoming that I am hoping there's an easy answer.  Some of my song pages display as 3 or 4 pages.  The 1st page is awesome, but subsequent pages skip a few lines of lyrics.  For instance, if page one has 15 lines of lyrics you would expect page two to begin with line 16 of lyrics.  But instead, page two begins with line 18 or 19...effectively skipping 2 or 3 lines of lyrics.

It should be the opposite ... the page should jump down 90% of the screen height, leaving a couple lines of overlapping text so you don't miss anything.

For detailed troubleshooting, please submit a help ticket here:

http://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/add.html

Then tap Help > Send Troubleshooting Info in the app and enter the assigned ticket ID. In your ticket, please provide the name of the layout you're using and a song where this problem occurs.