Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Tempo Subdivision

Started by Jmfocus, January 08, 2017, 06:56:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmfocus

Arlo,

When using subdividions, the down beat sounds like there is a double tap. Like a drummers "flam" stroke. Is this by design? Since there is an option to play a bell or tone on the down beat, I do not think its necessary.

arlo

In the latest app version released last week, that should only happen with the bell sound. Have you installed the latest version?

Jmfocus

The version I have is 5.1.1. It still flames the down beat.

arlo

Are you talking about just the downbeat, or every beat?

Jmfocus

Just the downbeat. The app updated again yesterday but still same issue.

arlo

I'm hearing it on every beat, and if I change to a different downbeat sound, I hear it on every beat except the downbeat. So I think it always happens and it is just more or less noticeable with different combinations of sounds.

I recently reworked the tempo player to avoid this effect between the main beat and the downbeat, and I will need to rework it further to avoid it with subdivisions. That's on my to do list.

arlo

The new app version released today does not play the subdivision sound on top of the beat sound. Unfortunately, the synchronization of the main beat sound and the subdivision sound is not super accurate, so there's still room for improvement here.