Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Switching between apps on iOS resets back to database menu

Started by dsnooc, January 16, 2017, 06:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsnooc

Hi-
I'm using Setlist Maker on iOS10 on iPad. When practicing or performing with my band, I often need to temporarily switch between Setlist Maker and some other app (like to look up an email or look at practice notes in OneNote). I'm used to double clicking the home button to switch back and forth between "running" apps. My problem is that every time I switch back to Setlist Maker, I lose where I was in my show & layout, and the menu reverts back to the top level in the database. So, every time I come back to the app, I have to re-select the show or a smart list, then select the layout, and then navigate back to where I was in the list. It's very inconvenient. Am I missing something? Is there a way to force Setlist Maker to retain my spot when I come back to the app?
Thanks!

arlo

It doesn't do that for me. What iOS version and what app version are you using?

dsnooc

Arlo-
I'm on iOS 10.2 and running SLM 5.1.3.
So I did a little experimenting and have some more info. If I select my show, then select a layout (a custom or stock layout), and then I don't touch anything (so I'm just seeing the first song in the show, but I have not touched the song to start lyrics scrolling for example), and I double click the home button, I'll see the iOS "open app chooser" screen, where I can select another app. I can then repeat the double click, select SLM,  come back to SLM and it will retain my position. If, however, I touch any song in the set list, even the first song that is displayed already, when I then double click the home button, I momentarily see the "open app chooser" screen in iOS, but then it almost immediately closes and takes me back to the iOS home screen (without me touching anything). If I then double click (or just hit the SLM icon on my home screen) to reopen SLM, it starts all the way back at the select show screen. Hope this is clear... Thanks.

arlo

Sounds like Set List Maker is crashing when you go to the app switcher. Please submit a help ticket so I can investigate further:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/add.html