Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

iOS 10 Looming - is it safe to upgrade?

Started by Garethla, September 06, 2016, 11:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garethla

Good morning my fellow Bandhelper's & Arlo!

iOS 10 almost here for general public. Whanted to check whether it's safe to upgrade for Bandhelper users?

Thanks
Gareth

arlo

I've only been able to find one problem so far, and I already fixed that in the last update.

My next update will be the first one built with the iOS 10 SDK, which might address other problems I haven't yet identified. I'm shooting for the end of the week with that.

I think it's smart to wait a few days before installing a major OS release in any case.

Garethla

Excellent thanks! Will hold off for a while before updating and will keep an eye of the forum in case any new issues arise

Erawal

Just wondering -- it's now been a few days since the original post.  Have any Band Helper users upgraded their iPhone and iPad to iOS version 10, and have there been any problems?

Thanks, it would be great to hear if anyone has experience with iOS 10 thus far.   I'd like to upgrade my i-devices, but would love to hear about others' experience first.

--erawal

arlo

I've seen a few minor problems with iOS 10, but most of these are inconsistent or only appear for some users:

- Selection color in the set list view is pink instead of blue.
- Set list preview on the Share page is solid gray.
- Built-in speakers don't play any sound if Multi-Route Audio is turned on.

These first two issues don't occur on any of my devices, so I haven't been able to fix them yet. The third issue seems to be a bug in iOS, and Apple is working on it.

I haven't seen any larger issues. I've been developing since iOS 3, and this iOS 10 release has been the least disruptive. (iOS 7 was the worst.)

Erawal

Thanks, Arlo.  I appreciate the feedback.  I will probably take the plunge and upgrade pretty soon.
--erawal

arlo

The selection color was fixed in yesterday's update. Apple is working on the second and third issue. I have also seen some crashes when displaying some PDFs that were scanned from paper with very large file sizes. This is also an iOS bug, but I don't yet know if Apple is working on it.

arlo

I now have a workaround for the solid gray set list preview, and expect that update to be available early next week.

Unfortunately, the multi-route audio problem is beyond my control and is not yet fixed in the iOS 10.1 beta. Fortunately the workaround for that is pretty easy (turn off Multi-Route Audio when you're not connected to your external audio interface).

One more issue is a permissions change in iOS 10. It only affects Set List Maker, not BandHelper, and has an easy solution: http://forum.arlomedia.com/index.php/topic,1479.0.html

arlo

The multi-route audio issue and the crashes with large PDFs are fixed in iOS 10.2. I'm still checking on the gray set list preview ... I don't have an iPad Pro or iPhone 7 to test that on directly.

arlo

The gray set list preview should be fixed in the new app versions released today, so all the iOS 10 issues are finally resolved.  :)