Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Suggestion - improved print of shared songs

Started by JerryK, January 25, 2017, 06:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerryK

Your set lists print beautifully and are very legible (with the possible exception of colours disappearing depending on current stage lighting colour).
Sharing of a printed song is not so good. It is ok for practice/rehearsal but is too small to be useful on stage in poor lighting conditions.  Some size choices would be great.
Thanks for listening
Jerry

arlo

Your set lists print beautifully and are very legible (with the possible exception of colours disappearing depending on current stage lighting colour).

If including the song colors on the set lists isn't important, you can turn that off from the settings on the share page.

Sharing of a printed song is not so good. It is ok for practice/rehearsal but is too small to be useful on stage in poor lighting conditions.  Some size choices would be great.

If you're printing a song's document, that should print exactly as the document is set up. If you're printing a song's lyrics, you can resize the lyrics with a pinch-zoom and they will print at your selected size. You don't have to save the new lyrics size if you want to print at a different size but keep your existing on-screen size.

JerryK

Fair enough.  I guess I was thinking of printing from the PC, which has a printer connected but I guess the iPad will do that.
Good man, ,thanks.
Jerry

arlo

Right -- you can't currently resize lyrics from the web interface, but that's on my to do list.

In general, printing individual songs hasn't been a focus for development, but doing more with that is on my wish list and I'll add a vote for you.

JerryK

You are some kind of magician or mind-reader.  Ok, you use the product yourself, which developers usually don't.
Good man, thanks
J

arlo

In the new app version released today, you can go to Set Lists > [set list name] > Share Songs and then adjust the options to print or send a batch of songs as a PDF. It also works with smart lists. More info is in the release notes:

http://www.bandhelper.com/support/release_notes.html

QuintrKD

Arlo, this is a great feature for me to send music to band members that don't have a tablet for the app.  When the songs are short, I end up with awesome chord charts.  However, I cannot share songs without enabling the "fit page" switch.  Enabling this switch makes my lyrics and chords end up illegible.  When I disable it intending to size up the text and repaginare by either web browser or iPad, it just spins and ultimately crashes the bandhelper session.  I've also been unsuccessful working with a converted pdf in MSWord to make consistent global adjustments to address the pagination as an intermediate-level Microsoft Office user.  Could you fix the pagination issues?  Also, it would be nice to have a two column switch for this feature to minimize the need for a second page. 

arlo

I cannot share songs without enabling the "fit page" switch.  Enabling this switch makes my lyrics and chords end up illegible.

If your lyrics are close to fitting onto a page, that should help. But of course the longer they are, the more they'd have to be shrunk to fit on a page.

When I disable it intending to size up the text and repaginare by either web browser or iPad, it just spins and ultimately crashes the bandhelper session.

Can you submit a help ticket describing the scenario that causes a crash?

I've also been unsuccessful working with a converted pdf in MSWord to make consistent global adjustments to address the pagination as an intermediate-level Microsoft Office user.

I'm not sure what you mean here, but this is probably worthy of a separate thread.

Also, it would be nice to have a two column switch for this feature to minimize the need for a second page.

I can add this to my wish list. However, I expect it would only be useful if the two-column option were available per song.