Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Importing entire OnSong Database

Started by Bobbeanbags, June 19, 2016, 03:45:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbeanbags

I have close to 1,000 songs in my OnSong database.  I would like a way to import all the songs at once to SLM.  I can export all songs into a .onsong file and when I import into SLM, they are all strung together in one song.  It would be great for OnSong users wanting to use SLM to separate out the individual songs in SLM.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

arlo

I can look and see how practical that would be. I'm not that familiar with OnSong; can you tell me where in that app the function is located that exports the multiple-song file?

Bobbeanbags

Hi Arlo, thanks for the quick reply.  In onsong you go to the set menu and display your set, then choose share>export to an onsong file (saves to Dropbox).  It will export all of the songs with a 3 dash delimiter between each song(---).  Please see attached screen cap.  Thanks!  Let me know if you want my file to look at.

Bobbeanbags

Here are some screengrabs

arlo

I can put this on my to do list, but I'm preparing a big release for the end of this month and won't be able to get to this until after that is done and stabilized.

Bobbeanbags

No problem, let me know if you need some files to test.  This would be a HUGE timesaver for SLM users.  They could even concatenate their lyric files via text file and import using this format.

Bobbeanbags

Hi Arlo, will you have a chance to look at this during the summer?  Thanks!

arlo

I would like to, but I can't promise anything yet.

arlo

I tried working on this today, but whenever I export a set, I just get a separate file for each song. Do you have any more specific instructions for how to export all the songs in one delimited file as you described?

arlo

Exporting OnSong songs as separate files is not a problem now, because you can now zip them on your computer, then import the zip file using the Batch Import button on the Repertoire > Songs page of the website.