Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Sync Documents Only

Started by Ruckman65, February 26, 2017, 01:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckman65

Is it possible, when syncing two or three devices, to only have docs sent to one device rather than everything that is attached to the song on the database, such as the recordings, chords, lyrics, videos etc.

Ruckman65

I should add that I use all three devices on stage and my BandHelper account is for a single user. So, in the Users area when editing a song or document, only one name is shown which means I can't filter the data to by synced by that method. Does this mean I can only filter what is synced to each device if I have a BandHelper licence for more than one user?

arlo

What would be your goal in doing this?

Ruckman65

On one iPad, I have the setlists and lyrics. That sits in front of me on stage. On the second iPad, I have the recordings and setlists. This sits in a Focusrite dock near our PA. On the 3rd iPad, I have the videos and setlists. This has the old 30 pin connector and runs directly into our projector. I do not need to have the lyrics, recordings and videos on all three devices.

arlo

Is the goal to save space on your devices?

Ruckman65

No. iPad one is the Master device which I use in front of me so I can see the setlists and lyrics. iPad 2 is attached to a Focusrite Dock and we use that to feed into the PA. It is setup right next to the PA so I don't have to run any cables from iPad one. The third iPad is my old iPad2 which has a 30 pin connector which the other two iPads do not. That sits next to our projector and runs videos. So, the three iPads are used for different things.
In Layouts mode, when I set iPad one (Master) to 'Play automation track' and ipad three to 'Play video', I get a message saying I have to choose one or the other. I assume this has something to do with licencing as well. 

arlo

Can you post a screen shot of the error message? That doesn't sound familiar

Ruckman65

The attached screenshot shows the message. This only comes up when there are three linked devices.

arlo

That would only happen when you're editing the same layout in different ways on different devices at the same time. If you want to have different song selection actions on the different devices, you can copy that layout, then edit one of the copies to make a slightly different version, then use one version on one device and the other version on the other device.

Ruckman65

Thank you for the advice, Arlo. I will give that a try when syncing is available on the server.