Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Change Font Size Auto Save?

Started by chris@katsukurimedia, March 04, 2017, 03:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chris@katsukurimedia

Sometimes I use different devices at different gigs. BH handles this great, and the default font is generally ok when I jump from song to song on different devices.

But sometimes either I just want to squeeze more lyrics on screen for a particular song, or it's just too big or too small and I need to change lyrics or chord font sizes. 

I know that we can pinch zoom either field and get the size we need. But from there, if I leave the song, the next time I go back to it, the font is back to the undesired size.

I know that I can tap once then "Save Font Size." But on the gig that is actually a bit time consuming, as it looks like I'm playing a game or something tapping so much on the screen, especially if it's every song.

Would it be possible for the app to just automatically save any Font Size changes? I would guess that most performers would change the Font Size for a reason and want that change from then on. I guess it'd be best to make this an options in settings, though, since I'm sure some prefer how it works now.

I know it seems like "just tap 2 extra times," but having to tap accurately to call up the menu, then choose the Save option does look strange while everyone is waiting for you to start the song.  This would really save a lot of time on stage with new devices, backup devices, letting other performers borrow your iPad etc for a gig, etc.

Thanks for the consideration.

arlo

The font sizes used to be saved automatically, but that caused lots of confusion for people so I changed it to require an explicit action to save the size.

What I would recommend is going through your songs and setting the font sizes in rehearsal or when entering the song, and saving the font sizes at that time, so everything is already set the way you want it during a performance.

chris@katsukurimedia

Quote from: arlo on March 05, 2017, 06:24:22 PM
The font sizes used to be saved automatically, but that caused lots of confusion for people so I changed it to require an explicit action to save the size.

What I would recommend is going through your songs and setting the font sizes in rehearsal or when entering the song, and saving the font sizes at that time, so everything is already set the way you want it during a performance.
darn. oh well.

i do understand setting things beforehand. but at times i have to use a new/different device, and there's no way i'm going through 100s of songs on that new device before the performance.

if it can be an option, that'd be great. but if not, i'll just tap a lot before the song. no prob, thanks!

arlo

Do you need to change the font sizes when you get a new device? The font sizes are saved as a proportion of the screen size, so they should scale to the screen size of the new device automatically. This means the text will be bigger on bigger screens and smaller on smaller screens, but the line breaks should remain consistent.