Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Remote control..random song selection

Started by jcwerth, May 19, 2017, 10:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jcwerth

Hi,
I am wanting to use my foot pedal to select the next song (which corresponds to a song in imidipatchbay).  However when I press the foot pedal the song selected is not the next one. There does not seem to be a defined order...random selection.

I am using the cc64...damper pedal through my foot switch.  The song changes fine (patch change), but not in order.

Any ideas as to what I should do? 

Also...the above is on an older iPad with an older iOS.  I moved the setup to a new iPad with latest iOS.  Same issue, but also the song selection is not sending the midi info.  Do you think that this might be due to imidipatchbay not supposedly working with latest iOS?
Thanks
John

jcwerth

Further to this post, I decided to try and rule out malfunctioning foot pedal and used the midi note setting to move to next song and midi preset.  This does the same thing..randomly selects songs.

BTW, I worked out what s going wrong with newer iPad....I did not have the 'next midi preset' selected.

Hmmmn...
John

arlo

Do you mean the wrong song is selected in BandHelper, or in iMidiPatchBay?

jcwerth

Hi,
The wrong song is selected in Set List Maker, consequently the wrong song in imidipatchbay.
I tried another set up - one song with several midi presets.  Unfortunately the same happens.  I thought I might have had a solution by specifying the device as my master keyboard and channel 1 rather than all, but this did not help with using the foot pedal.

Thanks
John

arlo

If you submit a help ticket, I can look at your settings and see what's wrong:

https://helpdesk.arlomedia.com/arlomedia/add.html