Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Problems uploading zip files

Started by Uwe, March 29, 2017, 03:20:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uwe

Hi Arlo,

I am really surprised about the problems I ran intowhen trying to go from SLM to bandhelper.

The functionality to simply upload a bunch of documents and mp3s is so in stable and painfully slow that I am about to give up.

All file types are shown in all lists, some data is uploaded from one! Archive some is missing.

The sync says it's finished, but the data is not there.
I hoped to replace SLM but that does not seem to be possible for now.

Cheers
Uwe

arlo

Keep in mind that the upload speed will depend on the size of your zip file and the speed of your Internet connection. Here in the USA (not sure about other countries), most Internet connections are optimized for downloading and are much slower for uploading.

I'd recommend starting with a small zip file containing only a few files and then moving to a larger file when you can confirm that works.

Also, you will need to upload recordings on the Repertoire > Recordings page and documents on the Repertoire > Documents page. If you upload a zip file on the wrong page, or upload a file containing both documents and recordings, that could lead to documents showing on the recordings page or vice versa.