Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Setlist Maker and my amp.

Started by svaughan2013, April 24, 2017, 12:18:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

svaughan2013

I am using a Fender G-Dec 3 amp. It has an SD slot which allows me to load my tracks into it. I can then program a guitar sound for each song which the amp will remember. Then I arrange the songs in the order I want, and by stepping on a footswitch I can move through my set knowing that each song will come up with my desired tone already loaded. It's perfect...unless I decide to throw in a different song that's not in the list on the amp. All my tracks are in the amp,but may not be close to the set I am working from. Then I have to manually search for the song using only the tiny window on the amp which is cumbersome and time consuming and doesn't make for a smooth show.
I should mention that the G-Dec 3 gets it's midi feed through the usb port (A small one!?) The are no actual midi ports on the unit.
My question is can I get the Setlist maker to switch from song to song using midi commands, and if so, how do I set that up. Then I won't need to build my sets in the amp.

arlo

You'll have to check the user manual or ask Fender if the amp can be set up to change songs from incoming MIDI messages, and if so, what messages. Then you can set up MIDI presets in Set List Maker to send the required messages. Here are instructions for the second part, and I can help further with that part if needed:

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistmaker/tutorials/sending_MIDI.html