Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

DB Sync inconsistencies

Started by lowdencleere, November 04, 2013, 06:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lowdencleere

Hi guys
Great to be here. Do both versions of the APP need to be the same for server syncing of databases.
IPad 1
IPhone 5
I can't seem to find out what version software I'm running on either of them??!!

arlo

Usually minor differences don't matter (like if one device is running version 3.3.8 and another is running 3.3.10), but it's a good idea to try and use the same versions. When there's a major version change (like from 3.3 to 3.4 or from 3.4 to 4.0) then you might miss some functionality until everyone gets up to date. It would be ideal to coordinate those larger upgrades with your bandmates.

Your iPad 1 is limited in what iOS version it can run, but at this point it can still run the latest Set List Maker version, and that's what matters for syncing.

You can find the version of any installed app from the Settings app, in General > Usage > [app name].

lowdencleere

;D

Got it!

Thanks for that Arlo. I was unaware that the databases can have different names on different devices and yet be kept in sync.
I'm looking forward to getting my teeth into migrating all my files onto this super system.

If I hadn't found this APP I would have considered developing one myself...!!!

Thanks

arlo

Yep, the database names can be different, which isn't really an intentional feature, it's just how it works ... the sync system only looks at Settings > Database Sync > Sync Name when transferring data between databases.