Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Custom duration in set breaks?

Started by Mikkel, May 05, 2017, 02:52:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikkel

Hi Arlo
Thanks for all the effort you put in this wonderful app.
The more I use it - the more powerful and versatile I find it.
One thing, I'm missing though, is the ability to have different durations on the sets.
As an example the Encore: we don't take a 15 min break before the encore.
We play quite a few gigs, where we have to finish at a certain time, and it would be nice not to do the math ourself.
We could - of cause use pause - but I like to have the page split before each set - and our encore is often a tiny set itself...

Hope this makes sence

arlo

You can't give each set break a different duration, but you can exclude the entire set (and the break that precedes it) from the total set list duration. That's usually good for Encore sets. Does that help?

Mikkel

Hi Arlo.
Thank you for the quick reply.
Unfortunately that dosen't help in our situation - mainly because we often have breaks with different length - or have a more quit set in the beginning that transforms into a partyset.
Another aproach would be the ability to set custom page breaks - for examble a check box in the pause definition called "page break after".
It's just a suggestion, but would make this wonderful app even better for our use...

arlo

I'll add the per-set break durations to my wish list.

Mikkel

jfeniello

Another use case.
We're doing two sets NYE, but in the middle of the second set is midnight.  I wanted to break set 2 into set 2 and 3, so i could use the end of set countdown to keep track of timing midnight, etc, but the break between set 2 and 3 should only be 2 minutes (or something), and our main break is 30 mins, so this one shows up that way too.

arlo

In the new app version released today, you can enter a Preceding Break Duration for your defined set names. This will override the default break duration for your set list. For example, if you have sets named Set 1, Set 2a and Set 2b, you could give your set list a break duration of 30 minutes but give Set 2b a Preceding Break Duration of 2 minutes.