Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

playing my audio files outside bandhelper

Started by rightgood, May 15, 2017, 06:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rightgood

i use an Android tablet to run Bandhelper. Ocassionally, I'd like to use a 3rd party music player to access and play my m4a and mp3 files that ive loaded into my Bandhlper system, but i can't find them. is it possible to find and play these audio files?

arlo

The recordings are downloaded to /Android/data/com.arlomedia.bandhelper/files, and you should be able to play them directly from there.

rightgood

Navigating to that directory using the app "VLC for Android", I found no files. I searched the same path on both my SD Card and my internal directory without finding any files.

I use this tablet offline frequently and I KNOW they're on there someplace. But, they're not in Android/data/com.arlomedia.bandhelper/files.

Any suggestions?

arlo

That's the default location. Did you change that in Settings > Account Sync > File Download Directory?

rightgood

i have always taken the default location for all my installs, but it would appear that another location must have been specified. Before posting this question i had done a lot of searching for these files and flat out could not find them. So, I'll have to continue searching. Thanks, anyhow.

arlo

If another location was set, you'll see it in Settings > Account Sync > File Download Directory.

Android file systems are confusing, with misleading directory names and multiple directories that have almost the same name. I would look at what's set for the setting above and then make sure you're navigating to exactly that directory. If the recordings are playing within BandHelper, then that's definitely where they are located on your device.

rightgood