Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

How do you back up the information you've saved in Set List Maker?

Started by DaveCarusoMusic, June 02, 2017, 02:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveCarusoMusic

I've been searching the Set List Maker web site for how to back up. 

In case something happens to my iPad, will a device backup within iTunes save all of the Set List Maker data?

Tasten-Bert

Yes, it works quite well. I just did it last week. After I damaged the display of my iPad mini I bought a new one. The old pad was still usable, therefore it was easy to create an up-to-date-backup-file with iTunes. Some experience may be worthwhile:
- iOS version has to be the same on both pads
- Setlistmaker is included with all databases, songs, sheets etc. Up to today I haven't found any lack
- all other apps of the old pad have been installed one by one on the new pad - even in the same version, if this was an older one
- the new desktop looks exactly like the old one
- the login has to be renewed in most apps, such as MS Office, magine etc.
- just one thing I didn't think about beforehand: all emails in the Mail App are gone! They are NOT included in the backup.
Keep having fun using it.
Best regards from sunny Germany

Uwe

Hi,
Identified one problem while moving from iPad 3 to iPad Pro 10.5 in slm:
The layouts are copied to the new device but cannot be found in slm.

There is a workaround:
copy each of your layout, delete the original and rename the copies.
That's it. @arlo: Perhaps you could have a look into this.

BTW: same issue in BandHelper

arlo

All layouts are specific to the screen size and orientation they were created on. If you move between two devices with different screen sizes, you can either copy an existing layout, then adjust it to fit the new screen size, or start over with a new set by clicking Help > Utilities > Load Default Layouts.