Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Song Export missing MIDI Presets

Started by Magiamusical, June 03, 2017, 05:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magiamusical

Did an export of the songs so I can do a major rearrangements of my MIDI presets but there's no column for the MIDI presets. Is it possible to add that field to the export.

Thanks,

arlo

No, and the export/import functions are not meant for editing your data outside of BandHelper and importing it again.

Magiamusical

The purpose was not to export and input, it was to have a list of the assigned MIDI presets per song so when I rearrange in the GR-55 patches i can cross reference what the MIDI preset was and whats the new location. But I guess I have to do it manually if its not possible to have in the report.

arlo

I see. So an export that just included the MIDI preset names for each song would be helpful? Or would it need to include the contents of each preset to be helpful?

MickeyKeys

Since the OP hasn't answered, I'm going to take the liberty of answering from my POV . . .

>>So an export that just included the MIDI preset names for each song would be helpful?
Yes, that would be extremely helpful - for me, anyway. . .

>>Or would it need to include the contents of each preset to be helpful?
And THAT, while not necessary, would be simply amazing!!!
- Mike

"I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage,
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right".

arlo

Okay, I'll put that on my to do list.

arlo

The song export now includes columns for Documents, Recordings and MIDI Presets, listing the names of those attached items. (Similarly, the event, transaction and contact exports include a column for Documents.)