Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Chordpro batch import

Started by shibetpc, June 06, 2017, 03:33:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shibetpc

Not sure if I'm missing something or its just not a feature.  I have an initial batch of about 280 chordpro files which I'd like to load into BandHelper.  Through the app there is the add chordpro feature, but that seems to only allow one at a time.  Each time I add a chordpro file I have to navigate through the file structure, remember where I left off, etc.  It seems fine for a one off, but not for the volume I have.

The web interface has a batch import, but data must be in a CSV format.  This would require me to somehow merge all my individual chordpro files into a spreadsheet, each taking up a row and then filling each of the other fields in.  Also a huge effort.

Am I understanding the options correctly? Is there a way to straight forward import a batch of chordpro files to create songs?

Thanks in advance for the assistance :)

arlo

Sorry, there isn't currently a function to batch-import ChordPro files. Importing one at a time through the app or copying and pasting into the web interface are the two current methods. Adding ChordPro support to the batch import functionality is on my to do list.

arlo

The document batch import now supports ChordPro files. If your uploaded zip file contains ChordPro files, BandHelper will make new songs from those. More info is here:

http://www.bandhelper.com/tutorials/importing_data.html#chordpro