Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

Here's a beauty . . . mass rollback possible?

Started by MickeyKeys, June 08, 2017, 03:01:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MickeyKeys

Hi,

Been away for a while because some health and personal issues have kept me out of bands, but I've maintained a solo BandHelper subscription - just in case. . .
Now I'm thinking about un-retiring, and I'm sure I will have a LOT of catching up to do.
So anyway, I logged on to the web interface today and started - I thought - getting rid of a lot of things I didn't want any more.

Problem is, I've discovered to my horror that I got rid of too many things.

WAY.

Too.

Many.

Is there a way (I haven't seen it but I bet it's right in front of me) to roll back every change (and apparently there are at least a hundred) that I made today?

I mean all at once. I started trying to do them singly on the Ipad and discovered I had started undoing undone things.

Thanks for any advice . . .
- Mike

"I believe I've passed the age of consciousness and righteous rage,
I found that just surviving was a noble fight.
I once believed in causes too, I had my pointless point of view,
And life went on no matter who was wrong or right".

arlo

Are you talking about just undoing deletions, or undoing edits, too?

MickeyKeys

Unfortunately for yours truly, deletions and edits. In short, as if today had never happened.

ARGH :(
- Mike

arlo

The rollback function works on individual edits and deletions, not as a snapshot back to a point in time. This is usually good because you can undo a change from last week without having to also undo all the changes made since then.

In your case I'd focus on the deletions first because those are easy to identify in the history list. Just select all the delete actions from the day and click Continue, and everything you deleted should come back (it might take a while to process that).

Then to undo the edits, you'll have to read the history list more carefully, looking at the names of the items and the times of the edits to select all from the time period you want to undo.

MickeyKeys

Yeah, I was kinda afraid of that, but I thought "nothin' from nothin' . . . "

Thanks for the advice. Guess I'll get to work . . .  ;D
- Mike