Main Menu
Before posting, please read: When to use this forum, when to submit a help ticket

USB <> DMX

Started by Beaker, June 21, 2017, 02:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaker

Hi,

I've been using Setlist Maker for several years and totally love it. Only recently started thinking about lighting.

We currently have a set of DMX lights that are chained, the first light has a footswitch attached which I bash from time to time to change the sequence. I don't really want an app or desk for controlling our lights but wondered if I could attach a USB to DMX box like this (https://www.enttec.com/uk/products/controls/dmx-usb/open-dmx-usb/) and just send a patch/sequence change (the same as the footswitch does) from setlist maker?

I already have setlist maker attached to my nord stage 2 for patch changes and a usb hub with the receiver for my wireless keytar, made possible by the midi bridge app.

Could this just be added to this setup??

Thanks for any help :-)

arlo

I don't think that product will do what you want. My apps only send MIDI data, not DMX data, so you need to connect to a DMX controller that can be triggered by incoming MIDI messages from my apps and can send out DMX messages to your lights.

Beaker

Thanks,

Ok, i'll take a look at some of the other suggestions I read on tis forum around apps and wifi connections.

thanks again